Zara has studied under numerous master teachers including Sundara Duplan, Matt Lombardo, Alanna Kaivalya, Sharon Gannon, David Life, S.N. Goenka, Richard Gonzalez, Peniel Guerrier, Amit Singh, Chamtrul Rinpoche, Duncan Wong, Dwight Garcia, Sandhi Ferrer, and Ann Robideaux. Her formal training includes:
- Certification in Yogic Arts (synthesis system of vinyasa yoga, Buddhist martial arts and Thai massage) by Duncan Wong
- Certification to Teach Children’s and Family Yoga by Asana Alphabet
- Vipassana 10-day silent retreats, with S.N. Goenka
- Adjustments, Ayurveda and Yoga Intensive with Amit Singh in Rishikesh, India
- Dream Yoga, 37 Practices of A Bodhisattva and Tibetan Vajra/Tantra Meditation, Seminars with Chamtrul Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India
Zara also synthesizes a broad range of life experience within her teaching, the result of which is an intuitive understanding of each individual’s needs after even a few moments of interaction.